Tuesday 23 July 2013

Fontanel.....


by Meir Shalev. For a time Meir Shalev was my favorite writer. Beautiful weird, almost fairytale like, family stories. I read most of his books and every time his stories sucked me in, his characters felt like close friends and the weird family characteristics seemed perfectly normal to me. This book took me a little longer, I did not believe some of the rather strange family habits, but at the same time I loves how Shalev describes everything very vividly: the smell of citrus, the love of his 'Apoepa' for his 'Amoema', the angry righteous vegetarian vegetable growing mother. A lovely holiday book, a dreamy, strange story. To read while you're in Italy and are surrounded by olive trees. IM not by the way, in Italy, im in Amsterdam, and about to go to work. Have a lovely day. X

No comments:

Post a Comment